16 Watt UV Sterilizer
For systems with flow rate up to 6.5 liters/minute on clean water.
- Stainless steel 304, body and fixing side nuts.
- Fittings 1/4" FF, quick fittings in nickel-plated metal
- G5 Bulb (2+2 pin)
- Power supply 220 V
UV sterilizer for the treatment of drinking water suitable for the domestic sector and for restaurants.
Its sizing guarantees a dose of about 30,000 µWatt / cm2 per second sufficient to guarantee total sterility on drinking water for a maximum flow rate of 6.5 liters per minute. The incoming water must be free from turbidity or suspended parts, to avoid the drop in transmittance and to avoid shadow cones where Ultraviolet rays cannot be effective.
The Ballast is electronic, and the lamp is Philips low pressure. It emits UV light in the C spectrum at 245 nanometers.
In the case of applications of the UV sterilizer on well or unsafe water, we always recommend:
1) preventive analysis of the incoming water, better if repeated after 4/6 months to avoid being influenced by transient phenomena and to be sure of a constant quality of the water to be treated
2) prepare a treatment against particulates and turbidity with Sediment filters perhaps associated with self-cleaning filters in the case of particularly turbid water
The maintenance of the sterilizers is important, in addition to replacing the consumable parts, it is necessary to regularly clean the internal (very fragile) quartz sheath.
For the installation of the UV sterilizer we recommend:
1) always place the outlet upwards to prevent air cushions from forming inside the sterilizer
2) always prepare a by pass to facilitate maintenance operations on the UV sterilizer
3) make sure of the earth connection for electrical safety